Saturday, December 22, 2007

Where do I begin?

Grampaw Fred Thompson sure is frikkin' cranky.

After a quick meeting with the staff of the newspaper, Thompson climbs aboard the bus for the four-block drive to the gleaming new building that houses the fire department. He and Jeri walk down the line of firemen assembled to greet him. When someone presents him with a fireman's helmet to wear for a photo-op, Thompson holds the helmet away from him to get a good look at it and laughs. "I've got a silly-hat rule that I'm about to violate," he says, raising it toward his head before thinking better of it. "I ain't gonna do it," he says, laughing.


Well, Fred. I got a silly old man rule, and that's not going to get violated. How about WALKING four blocks, you fragile geezer?

Also pick a better campaign song. This one is horrible:
Ain't no tellin' where the wind might blow
Free and easy down the road I go
Livin' life like a Sunday stroll
Free and easy down the road I go
Free and easy down the road I go


Free? Easy? Blow? Are these the words we associate with the office of the presidency?

That's what we need in a President: Someone who lives like a Sunday Stroll. If I wanted that kind of philosophy, I'd be hanging out at the retirement center. And NOT mocking the residents.

No comments: