Sunday, October 15, 2006

Grease, and Grease 2, suck donkey

Due to a brain shutdown this weekend, resulting from a massive workload this past week, I found myself in front of a rerun of the movies Grease and Grease 2.
I viewed them with the clinical eye of a good sociologist. I played Margaret Mead, if you will.
Those movies are bad for America.

As a reflection of the times they portray, they are propoganda. You know why? Everybody in those two movies is WHITE. Why did those producers choose to depict Jenison, Michigan? Check out this picture.

No African Americans or Hispanics or Asian-Americans. I may not be an expert in history, but I'm pretty sure that by 1960, those three groups were in substantial number across the fruited plain. So there's that. There can be only one conclusion drawn about Grease: the movie takes place at a segregated high school. With all the singing and dancing, it's easy to see the producer's attitude toward that chapter in American history: the kids loved it.

I recommend if you want a non-racist view of the high school music of the time, you rent La Bamba.

Furthermore, do the math on the ages of the "students" in the movie. I'll give you a minute.
...
...
Come on, this isn't the GRE.
I'll give you a hint. They all grew up to be Baby Boomers. The Pink Ladies and the T-Birds and The Fonz, I mean Danny Zucco, all grew up into the hypocritical selfish ruin-bringing Bush-electing fucks who have been on Earth way too long. No wonder Baby Boomers wank off over this movie: it makes them think they were once "cool" (and they define cool by doing the hand jive, in case you've forgotten).
Those cigarettes they all smoke? They grew up to tax the crap out of them.
The only one who didn't was Eugene, the nerd, who grew up to be Bill Gates. So fuck you, Thunderbirds. He can buy and sell your greaser asses many times over. I think one of them grew up into Neil Young , too, but I'm not sure.

Good God am I profane this afternoon.

So, in these two movies shoved down our throats as good old fashioned Americana, a racially pure high school gets depicted as a wonderland of singing and dancing and consequence free Aryan sex.

Bravo, Hollywood, Why don't you let Mel Gibson direct Grease 3?

No comments: