Thursday, July 05, 2007

He was her man

And he done her wrong.

Elderly woman tries to shoot boyfriend.

Officers reported that Paolone said Morgan-Roberts was very intoxicated. She staggered when locating the gun for the officers, police said.


An elderly person writes in to the paper.
And hilarity ensues. I swear, the editors who select these letters for publication must be readers of this blog.

I am an elderly citizen. I obey the laws, pay my taxes and keep my property looking decent as I can with my income.

I don't think the town is doing much for the elderly.
...
There are signs in my neighborhood that are green, but only the red are stolen and destroyed.

I'm wondering if I will be safe going to a polling place to cast my vote. Will I have to sneak in? It's sad.



There are reader comments, too! My favorite, and the one that gets everyone riled up:

You know you will be safe to vote, yet you write your last line as if you are living in another country, unable to safely cast a vote. You are a disgace, trying to scare elderly voters.

No comments: