Friday, March 30, 2007

Letter to the Editor

THE NEW BASKETBALL COACH

Advice to U's Smith

I certainly hope Tubby Smith is well grounded in who he is! Everybody is so welcoming now and believing he is the messiah who will save the Gophers. About this time some 2,000 years ago, there was another who went into the city of Jerusalem with throngs exclaiming, "Hail, blessed," but within a week these same people were crying, "Crucify him!"

My advice to Smith is to be true to yourself, and live and work with integrity.

AUGUSTINE M. GREEN, MINNEAPOLIS



Update: Adding, I could have made a joke about this, but I didn't.

4 comments:

Grace Nearing said...

Jesus looks more like the ref tossing up a jump ball. Oh well.

And what -- no black players?!

Frankie Machine said...

"No black players?!"
You haven't been to Minnesota, have you?

Grace Nearing said...

True. I'm strictly East Coast. During the Road to the Final Four, it always takes me a few games to get used to seeing spotty-faced white kids out on the court.

Frankie Machine said...

Rueful,

Please sign my petition to kick Minnesota out of the union. The link is to the right.

Also, if you can, tell all your friends to do the same.

Thank you.