Tuesday, March 20, 2007

You read it right.

The elderly call themselves "old bat."
I was a citizen before, but "citizen" didn't become part of my description until I reached old age. Actually, I don't see anything wrong with "old." Old friends, old wine, old books -- these are warm, pleasant concepts. I'm an old lady. Or old bat, if you prefer.
Oh, I prefer.

To get back to my Unfunny Comic Strip shtick, I once again target Crankshaft. Not a big fan, because I think old people have nothing to contribute to the comics page. It's almost depressing, reading the comics page before you go to work, and being confronted with your own mortality like that. But, I do think comic strips should have consistent logic.
For example, Sally in Peanuts never called Shroeder "Sweet Babboo." And Charlie Brown never did kick the football.
Crankshaft, however, is all over the road, like, well, an old person driving a bus.
Apparently, Crankshaft does not like to fall behind schedule by waiting for kids running late. According to this comic:

But then, in today's comic, you get this:

What the hell is he rushing for, if the kids are always late?
This makes no sense. I hate Crankshaft. If I were a school superintendent, I'd be inventing budget cuts just to call him in and serve him his walking papers.

No comments: