Saturday, March 29, 2008

Baseball!

Spring is about here, and soon parking spots in my neighborhood will be fought over as though they are the Falkland Islands.
Here is what some old people think of baseball today:
He said his generation didn't know of vials, but had its own issues with stuff in bottles.

"The ballplayers [today] are working out 12 months a year. In the old days, we used to drink," he said, laughing. "Eighty percent of the money we spent on fine women and whiskey, and the other 20 percent we spilled."

Lee seemed almost happy that he missed out on baseball's big money.

"Well, I'd have a lot of money, but I'd probably be dead, the way we partied," he said.

Society has taken the steroid issue far too seriously, he said.

"Everyone is as serious as a heart attack. The thing we've got to do is make people, nicer, kinder, gentler. Open doors for people, and do charity events like this," he said. "Clean up society! The game is fine."


It reminds me of this article:
In My Day, Ballplayers Were For Shit

The Onion

In My Day, Ballplayers Were For Shit

It seems everywhere I go these days, some young fella's jibber-jabbering about how great some ballplayer of today is.

No comments: