Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Washington Post is a mouthpiece

for the Elderly Menace.
Can you believe this?

Change in expectations is a generational thing, experts say. People who grew up during the Depression were happy to have a job and stuck with one for a lifetime. Many members of generations X and Y were raised in a different light. They expect a buffet of opportunities and are peeved when they don't materialize.

Narcissism and entitlement among college students have increased steadily since 1979, according to a study to be published this year in the Journal of Personality. Between that year and 2006, 16,000 college students were asked to pick between such paired statements as "I expect a great deal from other people" and "I like to do things for other people," and "I will never be satisfied until I get all that I deserve" and "I will take my satisfactions as they come."


Fortunately, Positively Unemployed's message is out there to counter its lies.

gmu92 wrote:
Interesting article, but I'm not sure why pieces such as this one constantly have to bash young people.

Have you ever had the pleasure of working with old farts getting paid 6 figures who constantly complain about "getting screwed" because they had to pay $10 toward an expensive doctor visit or medical procedure?

I worked with an old timer, making really good money, who had the benefit of the govt. and insurance paying $thousands$ for knee surgeries which ultimately failed because he was at least 100 pounds overweight (he ate a horrible diet and never exercised, even though he was Type II diabetic).

And just try telling these people that they should take a bit more responsibility for their lives and their actions and see how far you get.


I'm proud of you, GMU92. Keep the message spreading. This is how we win.

No comments: