Sunday, March 09, 2008

Catching Up

I know, I know. I have no excuse for my absence.
But I heard about this proposition over in Kenya , and thought, "Absolutely."

NOW THAT OUR LEADERS ARE agreeing to agree, there is one item they should add to the agenda that all Kenyans would love to see — an age limit for presidential and parliamentary candidates.
As constitutional amendments become the focus in the near future, Kenya should definitely borrow a leaf from Benin, whose constitution sets the age limit for presidential candidates at 70. I would strongly recommend that 65 years be the age limit for both presidential and parliamentary candidates in Kenya.


Absolutely. Import some of that spirit.

As a result, they hang on to power long after they should have let go to allow younger, more agile, fresher and perfectly capable minds to take over the leadership responsibilities in a fashion in keeping with the times.


Absolutely. I didn't want to say anything, but Old Man Huggies comes to mind.

And there's even a message for George Bush:

There is life after presidency. Retirement of a president does not mean that he goes home to herd goats, though that is an option for the willing.


Watch out, goats.

No comments: