Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Minnesota State Fair


It is upon us again.
People ask me, "Oh, gosh, Frankie, are you going to da fair? Ya gotta gotodafair!"

And this year, I am not. I am never going to the Minnesota State Fair again. I went last year, and saw this:

And I feel that to attempt to see anything else would be dishonoring the religious experience I had upon seeing this giant Red Wing boot.

But you should go. Check out the State Fair lineup.
Not to get too excited, but I'll just say that I am sorry I'm going to have to miss this concert:



As like every other gathering in this state, it features Garrison Keillor. I think the signs on the state border say that:
"Welcome to Minnesota. Featuring Garrison Keillor."

1 comment:

B-Licious said...

During harder times, I had to live in a giant shoe once, and it wasn't as nice a model as the one in your picture. Still, the elderly have the nerve to complain to me about the Depression. Weak...