Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Back to Normal

Unfunny Comic Strip of the Day. Again, it's BC. I think The Comics Curmudgeon does a far far better job of keeping track of such comic backwash than I ever could. Johnny Hart has gone off the deep end. I expect word of his "suicide by cop" any day now.

This elderly person ran over somebody and then shot him, and then tried to say the poor kid tried to rob him.
You got a problem, Gramps. It's called "eyewitness testimony."
Sims said the young man was on his bike when Mason hit him with his car, jumped out shouting, "lay down" and fired a silver gun.

The University of Chicago: What Eastern Michigan University should aspire to.
I am reminded of another faculty member who said that we were being beaten by the University of Phoenix. When the University of Phoenix becomes our model, we are already beaten. We are better than that—at least right now. Why not choose the University of Chicago? Or City College? When EMU was State Normal College, it was proud of its standards. But the administration does not know what to be proud of. It has lost its way.
My days in Hyde Park were spent wishing the U of C was more like Ypsilanti.
I close this post with a shout out to my Ypsitucky Krew.

No comments: