Saturday, January 14, 2006

Medicare D?

Thank you, President Bush, for a program that makes us all hear the elderly complain. As if we didn't have enough of that already.
"It's been the biggest mess I've been involved with in the last 33 years," Turner said of the transition to Medicare D.

"You have customers at your counter saying 'I need to have my medication.' "
...
Bent said one local senior told her she was forced to pay $212.49 for prescriptions that normally cost between $2 and $5.

"She said it didn't leave her any money for groceries," said Bent.

"I just had a terrible time trying to get my prescription filled," said Margaret Powell of Galesburg. "I had to pay full price."

I'd like it known that in 2004, the elderly voted for C+ Augustus over Kerry by a margin of 54-46% . The elderly have only themselves to blame on this one.

No comments: