Thursday, January 25, 2007

Becoming a habit again.


That first panel just cracks. me. up.
The Comics Curmudgeon as always has this covered.

I ran experiments like this when I went there. So where was my federal funding?
There are no beakers or Bunsen burners in the University of Chicago's "King Lab.'' A leather couch, an ottoman, a TV. Not a bad place to kick back and have a drink.

Or two or three or more.
That's what happens there, as researchers with the Chicago Social Drinking Project try to crack some of the mysteries of alcohol, in particular -- why some people binge on booze and others don't.


The elderly are vandals.
The 75-year-old has escaped police charges but is vowing to continue his crusade to preserve the ambience of the historic seaside resort.
Roger Beauchamp - president of the Porirua Historic Association and Porirua Historic Places Trust representative - said extreme frustration drove him to tagging, a vice usually the domain of errant teenagers.
He spray-painted "shit" on neighbour Pat Quin's house in Moana Rd.
...
Asked if he would be exercising his spray can again in the future, he replied: "I have suggested that if anyone crosses swords with me I will have three spray vials and paint their backsides with red, white and blue."

No comments: