Sunday, January 21, 2007

Gosh.

How bad are things? The elderly are now turning on George Bush and getting visits from the Secret Service.

One elderly woman learns a lesson about threatening the president.
“So, I called Social Security and unloaded and said I felt that somebody should have at least asked me if I was interested (in Medicare) or not,” Berry said. “The Social Security person said she was real sorry, but she didn’t know what to tell me to do.”

With her next response, Berry unknowingly launched a course of action that changed her world.

“I said there wasn’t really anything anyone could do besides take a gun and kill (President) Bush. Then she said she had to report that and I thought who cares, they can go ahead and arrest me and we’ll get a story that maybe will help the seniors,” said Berry, who once had her own radio and television programs in Minnesota and Wisconsin, on which she addressed senior-related issues. She currently is a receptionist at KBBI and also coordinates Vial of Life, a program that helps individuals gather together important medical information so it is available in case of an emergency.


An elderly man learns the same lesson.
Some might say Dan Tilli's opinion letters threaten conservative values.

But the U.S. Secret Service briefly worried the 81-year-old Bethlehem man's words threatened President Bush this week.


George, when 81 year old people who write letters to the editor are against you, you're toast. And how bad do you have to screw up to make the elderly make these kinds of threats? The AARP is a dangerous enemy, and I hear they keep their own "enemies list." If you keep sending your suits to deal with these old people, you're gonna have hell to pay when you retire. They will see to it. There is a reason I haven't used my real name on this blog, George.
That reason is the AARP.

No comments: